‛Away’ at Berry is a comfortable 2 hour drive south of Sydney through some of the most beautiful countryside found anywhere in the world. If you are looking for an escape or a short tour outside of Sydney then a stay at Away is the perfect destination.
Rolling, lush hills and breathtaking escarpments follow the road as you drive south from Sydney through green, undulating dairy pastures and past inviting, picturesque beaches- ideal for a short break to your journey. There are other alternative stops en route such as rainforest/waterfall walks or uncrowded golf courses.
Once you arrive at Away you can enjoy exploring the historic nearby townships such as Kangaroo Valley or take coffee at chic Berry where you can shop for gourmet treats or fun souvenirs. Around Away there are some magnificent bush walks and swimming holes just waiting for you to discover them. There are maps at the house to help you plan your outings.
Beautiful National Park ‘Seven Mile’ Beach is only 20 minutes drive through lovely farmlands. The beach has picnic facilities and an area for the family to gather and swim in safety. A short walk away from the car park is your own piece of pristine beach.
Away offers a unique sense of quiet and privacy but not isolation. I sometimes ask guests what they did at Away all weekend and the reply is often the same, ‘just sit on the deck and relax’. You have to experience it to know what they mean.
- Possibly Berry’s best view
- Tranquil and private
- Fully furnished & well equipped kitchen
- All linen provided including towels
- Cool at night during summer/Air-conditioning
- 4 bedrooms, sleeps 8 in 3 queen size & 2 single beds
- 2 bathrooms with large baths and separate showers
- Large open fire
- Spacious entertaining areas, with BBQ
- 10 minutes to lovely Berry
- 20 minutes to National park beach
- Stunning walks on your doorstep
- Beautiful birds & wildlife abound
- Late checkout where possible
- Quality fit out & appliances
Things to do
- Walk to the Drawing Room Rocks Lookout close to home
- Swim in the local river hole
- Browse the boutiques in Berry
- Visit spectacular Seven Mile Beach, 20 minute drive
- Star gaze at night
- Tour the wineries in the area – Camberwarra, Coolangatta Estate, Two Figs and Seven Mile Vineyard.
- Visit Kangaroo Valley & Fitzroy Falls
- 42″ LCD TV
- Reverse cycle Air Conditioned sitting/dining/kitchen
- Baby Cot
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Expresso machine
- Fans all rooms
- Heaters all rooms
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Open Fireplace
- Parrots, lorikeets, kookaburras, wombats
- Washing Machine
- Wood fire heater
Discounts apply to midweek stays depending on number of guests and length of stay. Public and school holidays, Christmas & New Year are different rates. Please enquire.
|Mond to Thurs||Fri & Sat & Sun
|7 night stay||Min night stay||Extra Guest|
|$500 p/n||$650 p/n||2||$50 p/n|